Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Great Gatsby

I just saw the new movie "The Great Gatsby" today and I really enjoyed it. I think I might have read the book in college even.
I knew about the movie when I first saw the trailer for it last year and it was stated that the movie was supposed to be out around Christmas of 2012. But the movie was not let out because they wanted to revamp it and add some fun music to the soundtrack. They decided to add Jay Z songs to the film and now it was just released.
I thought the movie was done very well. I can't really remember much of the book except that it was a love story. Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire really stood out in the film and I enjoyed their acting. The costumes and sets were amazing and very true to the 20's flapper style.
The rap music was out of place in a movie set in the 1920's but it gave it a modern edge.
All in all, it was a very good movie and it makes me tempted to go look for a copy of the book and read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment