Monday, November 19, 2012

Review of the 2012 AMA's

The 2012 American Music Awards took place on November 18th.

Usher opened the show with a medley of songs including "Numb" and "Climax." It was ok and on par with other Usher performances but not the best show opener.

I can't believe that Justin Bieber won best male against Flo Rida, Pitbull, and Usher. I thought Usher would win.

When they announced Best Country Female I knew that Taylor Swift would win. Only days before she had swept away all the awards at the EMA's so it was no surprise there.

Carly Rae Jepson's performance was tolerable because I like her song "This Kiss" but the performance was not very good because she didn't do anything really. She just stood around singing and it was boring to watch.

Kelly Clarkson's medley performance was amazing, she has really come a long way in the last 10 years. Her voice has become so strong and I really enjoyed hearing her sing.

I was happy that Nicki Minaj won for best rap artist and I really loved her outfit, she looked so much like a barbie doll.

Kesha's performance was very good and so was No Doubt's.

I usually don't like when Taylor Swift performs but when she sang "I Knew You Were Trouble" from her new album "Red" I was completely shocked because it is such a pop song that sound like the current music, rather than the boring country songs she always makes.

I was excited for Nicki Minaj to perform but she sang one her new songs that I did not know, rather than any of her great songs from "Roman Reloaded" so I was a little disappointed. I still love her though and thought the song was very powerful with all the choir singers joining in at the end.

I like Pink's new song "Try" and I couldn't believe that she would reenact the music video for her live performance. I have never really seen anyone do that before. The music video is so different to begin with so it was crazy to see that, and she did a great job.

I am shocked that Carly Rae Jepson won the Best New Artist award instead of One Direction because One Direction are so huge right now.

I really liked Justin Bieber's acoustic performance on "As Long As You Love Me" with only the guitar. His voice is getting better and he is on the right track. When it broke into "Beauty and a Beat" it wasn't as special anymore and he was lip syncing the chorus.

I was excited to see Christina Aguilera perform because I love her new song "Your Body" but of course she did not sing it! She sang some other new songs from her new album but I wasn't familiar with them so I didn't really care about the performance.

Pitbull's performance was ok, his songs are always good anyways.

I really loved Jenny Mccarthy's outfit, she looked great.

When Justin Bieber won the award for Artist of the Year and dragged his mom up to the stage with him I didn't even realize it was his mom at first. She is so young that I thought she might be his new girlfriend or something! But it was nice of him to thank her up on stage in front of everyone like that. She must be very proud.

The closing number of the show, "Gangnam Style" by Psy was the icing on the cake. I really like that song and it always excites me to hear it and when they had M.C. Hammer come out and they mashed it up with "Too Legit to Quit" it was just so electrifying. And that Hammer can still dance like he's a young guy!

Overall, I enjoyed the show.



Favorite Outfits



















And this was pretty funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment