Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pauly D Live

Let me tell you about the time I had on Friday night when I went out to see DJ Pauly D live.

I found out only a week before the date that Pauly D was going to be playing in my city... it has really become a habit to find out about these things last minute, but better later than never... right!

I immediately told my friend about it because her are I are crazy for him and the whole Jersey Shore phenomenon. We had already agreed that if Pauly D ever came to our town we would go out and see him. So we agreed right away that I would get the tickets to go see him. They were very reasonably priced too, only $20 each.

I bought the tickets and then all there was left to do was wait.

The week passed by pretty quickly and before I knew it, Friday the 7th of September was there.

After I got home from work that night I grabbed all my things and went to my friends house to get ready and help her get ready. When we were all ready to go we drove down town to the venue and tried to find parking but it was a bit hard. I circled the block a few times but then I found a place and parked.

The area of town was kind of creepy. There was practically no one on the streets or around in general. Everything was very run down and a lot of things were abandoned buildings or buildings under construction. I was scared to be around there!

We walked down the street and turned the corner and saw a big looming building that was lit up by a pink colored light... it really looked like a haunted house or something. Very scary looking.

We waited in line to get in and thought we were missing Pauly D because we took so long to get there. The ticket said the show started at 10:00pm but it was already after 10:30 and we were still waiting in line outside. We were freaking out and anxious to get in. After a while we finally got in and we ran up the stairs wondering if we would actually see Pauly D when we got there.

We pushed through the doors and into the room and look up at the DJ booth and see... someone? But it didn't seem to be Pauly D. We were still not sure for a couple of minutes but this guy was wearing a hat and we doubted that Pauly D would wear a hat because of his hair. We decided to go up for a better look. We got to the front and checked this guy out but it was not him.

For the next hour or so we were wondering where is Pauly D and still thinking that the DJ out there might be him and we looked at the corners of the stage thinking he might pop out at any minute but until midnight, nothing happened. The same guy with the hat was DJing but we didn't know where Pauly D was. We were confused because the tickets say 10:00pm but it was already 12:00am and nothing had really happened.

At midnight something began to happen and we though Pauly D would be coming out. Someone came out but it ended up being this DJ named MC Mario who is very popular in my city on the radio. I was excited that MC Mario was there and DJing but we were there to see Pauly D so I didn't care too much about MC Mario.

MC Mario's job was to rile up the crowd and oh boy he sure did. He kept saying that Pauly D is coming in a minute but after a while I was like umm nope not any time soon.

At 12:45 they put out Pauly D's famous laptop that he uses to DJ and mix songs (the laptop has the colors of the Italian flag on it) and everyone began to go wild and try to take pictures of it.

Another thing people were going wild for and taking pictures of is this guy Jerry who is one of Pauly D's bodyguards and who was on Pauly D's show "The Pauly D Project." It is so cool to see someone from TV in real life. Everyone kept trying to take pictures of him and scream his name but he was so shy and kept trying to hide.

Pauly D finally came out at 1:00am and the crowd went nuts. They played his intro video on the backdrop and it was so cool. I felt such a rush as everything was happening. Pauly D came out and began to DJ and we were all so happy. He played great music and everything.

The bad thing at the show was the people in the crowd with me. I always have problems with people when I go to these shows and I get into big fights easily. I am very short and even with very high heels I have a hard time seeing over tall people. My friend and I made sure to stand as close to the front as we could since we got there early on in the night. Later on some stupid girl who just got there decides to come out of nowhere and try to stand in front of me. She is pushing me and pushing with all her might and I am pushing back and trying not to fall down in my heels. I hold my ground and I don't allow people to cut in front of me when I have been standing there all night. She is pushing so much and I just want her to stop so I hit her and I look around and a crowd of people behind us is trying to rile us up and they are chanting "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" but I did not want to get thrown out of the concert and I did not want trouble, I just wanted to stand in my spot that I had all night. She says to me "I don't want to fight you!!!" a couple of times but at that point I decided I was not saying anything more to this useless girl. So I just ignored her and kept calm after that. The funny thing is that after all that trouble she gave me I looked over 20 minutes after and she wasn't even there anymore... so much for wanting to stand there!!!

At around 2:00am, the girls in front of me decided they were leaving so I was shocked because then I was able to move up to the front against the barrier! I had done it! I was at the front of the concert! I was so happy because no one would be able to get in front of me anymore and I could see everything without straining myself.

I enjoyed myself for the next hour and then at 3:00am Pauly D finished and said his goodbye. He said "I'm glad you came" as he played the song by The Wanted of the same title. And he made us cheer for him to come back to our city another time. Then he said "I have to go now... you know why?" and we asked why and he said "because the cabs are here!!!" and it was so cool!!!

I was happy that it was over because I was very tired and had to work the next day. My friend and I left and went back to the car and drove home and then I went to bed after 4am and had to work at 9am!!! Oh well, not the first time I've done that, and not the last time either!

Even after the concert, my friend and I seem to be mesmerized by Pauly D and we can't stop thinking about him and talking about him. Even though there were some rough times at the concert, we still had loads of fun and we agree that if he comes back we will totally go see him again because it was such a great show.

Here are some pictures I took

This is the club.... looks creepy!!!

Me and my friend

This is the DJ MC Mario who played before Pauly D


No comments:

Post a Comment