Saturday, January 5, 2013

REVIEW OF COLOR CLUB - BACKSTAGE PASS

Hi guys! I haven't been posting in a while because I was trying out my new set of Color Club nail polishes that I received for my birthday and I wanted to blog about them. The set is called "Backstage Pass" and it is a nice set of sparkle polishes.

The colors in the set from left to right are: Take The Stage, Wish Upon A Rock Star, Backstage Pass, Platinum Record, It's A Hit, and Fame + Fortune











I really like these sparkles and the great thing about most of them is that you can either use a bit of them for an added sparkle effect over another polish or you can put a few coats on its own and the sparkles cover pretty well to become a color.
 


































I took another set without the nails polish bottles because I couldn't resist how cool it looked!

































The first one I tried is Fame and Fortune. It is an opaque pinkish red color with sparkles that look like shards of glass. I did 2 coats and wore it on its own. I am not so fond of it because I like the sparkles but it's a shame that is was in a colored polish. The application is a bit difficult as well because it's hard to make it look good on its own. Maybe it would be better over another color.

The next one is Backstage pass over black. It is large purple and silver hexagon shaped sparkles in a clear polish. I like it a lot because it's so different from anything I've seen before.

Then is Platinum Record. I painted over a black base and I wore it for New Years. It is large and small silver sparkles in a clear polish and I think it is probably my favorite of the set because it is the perfect accent for anything.

Fourth is Wish Upon A Rock Star over a dark blue base. It is a beautiful multi color sparkle with large purple sparkles as well in a clear polish. I really like it a lot and it is a nice party sparkle polish.

Then is Take The Stage. This is 2 coats on it's own. I really love this color. It is such a nice gold sparkle in a clear polish. With 1 coat you can use it as an accent over another colored nail polish but with 2 or 3 coats it becomes a color of it's own. I recently bought The OPI James Bond Nail Polish Collection and "Goldeneye" was a very nice gold sparkle but it is a more warm gold. Take The Stage looks closer to a real gold.

And finally there is It's a Hit which I painted over a purple base. It is a purple hexagonal sparkle in a clear polish. I was not too excited about this one because it is almost the same thing as Backstage Pass but this one is all purple sparkles whereas the other one is purples and silver. It's a nice sparkle though but it wasn't the first one I wanted to try! It was the last!



Well there you have it! In my opinion, this is a great set and a must have for nail polish lovers because it is always handy to have a good set of sparkles to work with as accents for colors. I am very impressed with these polishes because in the past I have bought some and they don't have enough sparkles in them so when you paint your nails you only get one or two on your nail!!! But this one has the right amount of sparkles in it. Color Club knows their stuff when it comes to sparkle polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment