Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Collections - Part 3 - Michael Jackson

This is the third part in my collections series, Michael Jackson.

I am sad to say that I wasn't really a fan of MJ until he died. I had always known of him and admired him but never really took the time to appreciate his work until it was too late. Before that I remember my dad playing his records at home, songs like "Billie Jean" and "I Wanna Rock With You" all the time. And of course when I was in high school my friend and I would joke around going "a hee hee hee" and "a hoo hoo hoo" in Michael Jackson voices. Also people would call me Michael Jackson here and there because my skin is pale white lol!

Then when MJ died on June 25th 2009 I remember I was at work that evening and my coworker had just been on break and I guess he was listening to the news or something because he came up to me all of a sudden and goes... "did you hear?" and I said no, what... and he says that Michael Jackson is dead. I was very doubtful... I said no it wasn't true... but I was shocked the rest of my shift at work and then the next day it was all over the news of course and it was just so surreal. For about a week all I could think about was the loss of MJ and I felt sad and shocked even though I had never even met him or anything, it just seemed like a dream.

From then on I bought a few MJ things here and there but nothing too big. MJ will always be in my heart.


This is my MJ button pin and sparkle glove. I got the pin at at table at the flea market that sells all Michael Jackson things... I knew I had to have one. They had quite a few but my mom told me I should get this one because he looks so happy and he's smiling. And he wasn't so happy looking in the other pictures. The glove was made by my mom. On the 1 year anniversary of MJ's death, my parents and my boyfriend and I went to a club. My mom and I dressed in matching outfits of jeans and MJ tshirts and she made us these sparkly gloves to wear.

Music & Movies
My Off The Wall record album that I got at the thrift store one day. It's a shame I don't have a record player or I would play it and buy more records too.
Then there is the This Is It DVD. I saw This Is It in theaters with my mom when it came out... such a wonderful film. There was even an MJ impersonator who was dancing around before the movie started.
The next one is a dvd set of Michael Jackson's music videos. My boyfriend bought it for me as a gift for my birthday last year.
And then there is the "Michael" CD which is songs that they made from pieces he did in the studio before he died. I think the album is great.

My magazines that my boyfriend bought me right when MJ died

My shirts. The first one I got at the flea market right when MJ died... I have worn it sooo many times. The second one I found at the thrift store one day and grabbed it.

My collectible action figures... my boyfriend surprised me with these one by one last year... he kept coming home with a new one every week and I was like omg how many of these do they make!!!

And Then of course I showed this before but this is my MJ plaque, again it is a gift from my boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment